Let's make some yummy treats so good, they're scary!
Yield: three sets of teeth
- 1 apple, red or green
- Smooth nut butter
- Yogurt raisin balls
- Use Thieves® Fruit & Veggie Spray on fruit.
- Halve and core an apple and cut into ½-inch slices
- Take two slices and spread nut butter on one side of the apple flesh. It’s okay if it gets messy!
- On one apple slice, line yogurt raisins around the outside edge.
- Place the other slice on top, apple peel facing out and nut-butter side angled so that it looks like a mouth.
- Optional: Spritz with diluted lemon juice to prevent browning of the apple.
TASTY FRESH FRUIT SPIDER
- Wooden kebab sticks
- 1 dark plum
- Black grapes or blueberries; green or red apple chunks, green or red grapes, or most other tasty fruits will work, too.
- Plastic googly eyes
- Nut butter
Use Thieves® Fruit & Veggie Soak to clean fruit.
- Gather 16 equally sized wooden kebab sticks. Break them into 4-inch sections.
- Skewer grapes on eight of the sticks so that the grapes touch, leaving one grape covering one end as a connector, but leaving the other end bare to poke into the plum.
- Repeat on the other eight sticks, inserting the exposed ends into the joints of the previous set of grape sticks at an angle.
- Once connected, poke legs into the plum, with four legs on each side.
- Gather two googly eyes and attach them to front of plum with your choice of nut butter.
- 2 quarts fresh apple cider
- 1 orange, unpeeled and cut into slices
- 3 drops Lemon Plus / Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark Plus / Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Clove Plus / Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Nutmeg Plus/ Vitality essential oil
- Cinnamon sticks, for serving
1. Combine apple cider, orange slices, and essential oils in a large pot and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or more.
2. Discard orange slices.
3. Serve warm. Add 1–2 cinnamon sticks to individual cups when serving.
One of the best things about having essential oils in your home is that you can easily create DIY projects like this one, and customize it to your preference. Here's how to create DIY scented sachets.
What you need:
½ cup uncooked rice
¼ cup Epsom salt
1 cup dried lavender buds
Muslin cotton drawstring pouches, approximately 5 inches long by 4 inches wide
40 drops Lavender essential oil
What you do:
1. In a medium bowl, mix rice, Epsom salt, flower buds, and essential oil to thoroughly scent the mixture.
2. Spoon mixture into your muslin pouch.
3. Place anywhere you want to add a fresh lavender scent.
4. Refresh your pouch every 2─3 weeks by opening it up and adding more drops of essential oil.
This recipe creates enough for two sachets.
YL tip: Instead of buying new pouches, go green and use something you have lying around! Spoon the mixture into a cute sock that’s lost its mate and tie the top. If you’re the crafty type, you can even sew a little bag from a scrap of fabric.
Tailor your sachets to your tastes@ The charm of the simple sachets is that you can tailor them to fit your scent preferences. You can fill these little packages with any dried flowers or herbs you like! Rosemary needles, dried chamomile, and cedarwood shavings are all clean and crisp smells that provide a pleasant whiff instead of a cringy odor.
Where to put scented sachets
Here are a few ideas:
- Place it with other natural-looking decor on a tray in a bathroom or guest room.
- Stash it in a drawer for delicately scented clothes.
- Store it in a linen closet for fresh sheets and towels.
- Keep it in the car to hang on your rearview mirror.
- Hide it away in a gym bag to quell any odors.
- Throw it in your suitcase for clean-smelling clothes while you’re on the go.
- Stuff it in smelly shoes to give them a refresh.
- Place it in your pillowcase to surround yourself in calming aromas as you drift off to sleep.
- 6 lemons, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup honey
- 2 drops Lavender Plus/Vitality oil
- Ice water, about 10 cups
- Lavender sprigs, optional
- Combine lemon juice, lime juice, honey, and Lavender Plus/Vitality oil in a large glass pitcher.
- Add water to taste.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Garnish with sprigs of lavender.