Add a special twist to the classic sugar cookie for a sweet treat! Simple enough to fit into a busy schedule, these simple sugar cookies will taste anything but simple.
Whether you’re baking for friends, family or yourself, these Lime+ essential oil-infused cookies will melt in your mouth and sweeten up any gathering. Plus, they’re perfect for sharing!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 drops Lime+ essential oil food flavouring
- ½ cup toasted coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a mixer, beat butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy. Then, beat in eggs, vanilla and Lime+ essential oil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add toasted coconut if desired. One cup at a time, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Roll rounded cookies in some extra granulated sugar and carefully drop dough onto cookie sheets covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let baked cookies sit on cookie sheet for a minute or two before transferring to wire cooling racks.